Wednesday, October 27, 2010

EOC Week 4: Advertising is based on Happiness

Happiness- CoverGirl mascara lash blast or something. Heard a lot about it and since its something that has to be replaced every month or so I had to buy something inexpensive and with good quality. I spent a long time trying out different types of mascara from different companies. Talked with makeup artists or other girls who have the same issues with mascara, how most don’t work for my lashes. Saw makeup reviews online and such. In the end I saw an advertisement and I love most covergirl products so I might as well try. Turned out to be the best mascara for me, quite better than department store mascaras that can run up to $30 each tube. For $7, that is easy to take off, waterproof, and makes my lashes look amazing I will always buy this particular mascara.

Dissonance- also known as buyer’s remorse is something I am not a stranger to. The biggest remorse I get is usually from very expensive items that don’t come through with the promises they make. The most recent situation in which I experienced this was when I bought a dooney and bourke bag from the d&b store. Not only was it expensive but I noticed right away that the stitching was done terribly. The material has a cheap feel to it. Of course they are known for the rainbow zipper and that would’ve been great if it had not broken. The leather on the strap soon became worn. The white part of the bag which is the majority became yellowed and was nothing I could do about it. Even if I were to just forget about the bag and look for another one I will definitely stay away from Dooney & Bourke store and some of the more expensive purses.

No comments:

Post a Comment