Wednesday, October 13, 2010

EOC Week 1: My Voice

As a Fashion & Retail Management professional I am very comfortable in the Fashion world. I have always been drawn into it. Even though I am most definitely not a fashion designer I feel that my success is in the business side of this world. I have studied the history of fashion and am completely awestruck at how far it has come and how it has come back. Witnessing this has only furthered my desire to work at store like Neiman Marcus. Many people don’t realize what a buyers or stylists really do. Buyers sometimes work as forecasters for their specific stores or departments, searching for what will be sold there from vendors or fashion shows and always keeping in mind what their customers want. I love what a buyer does, even if sometimes it isn’t glamorous most of the time. To be a buyer you must be in high paced industry, be creative, and be flexible. Traveling, forecasting, fashion history, and even mathematics, which are some of the things that most draw me into this career, play a major role. The high paced fashion industry brought out my confidence and I feel that with my knowledge and desire for this industry motivates me to drive this industry to a completely new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment